20081113

Back To School Night!

081113 - 1345

Things are underway. I have registered for online personal trainer certification from AFTA. I have registered for a CPR/AED class. I have enrolled in an online ACE-exam review course. I will take lots of tests and learn a lot about myself and exercise science in the next two months. If all is successful, by the end of the year, I will be a certified personal trainer. I will have American Red Cross CPR/AEC certification, ACE personal trainer certification, and AFTA personal trainer certification.

Tonight is my first night of studying...the first night of "school" for me in over 5 years.

My goal is to have a good enough client base AND a good enough part time trainer job with a fitness establishment to be able to leave my dreaded engineering job and either work full time in a gym/fitness center with clients on the side, or full time with clients in my own personal training business. The latter probably won't happen immediately, I'm probably gonna need about a year to establish myself enough. Luckily, because I have the support of my other half, I will be able to keep my fees low enough to be competitive as I build my business.

My next step will be to become a certified running coach with the RRCA (Road Running Coaches Association) and move into professional running.

I am very excited about things on the horizon. It's about time I got a kick in the pants (i.e. my dreaded engineering job cutting my pay by 40%) to do something that I've wanted for a long time but was never forced to do.

Personal training school...here I come!

No comments: