20081106

On The Road To Umstead

081106 - 1400

Well, it's been a few weeks since I've been here and shared thoughts, but I'm happy to say that things are much better. Ironman is over, my stress from training has dropped, and I'm ready to tackle some running!

Unfortunately, job stress has me a bit crazed. Bigtime pay cuts are forcing me to all but cancel my 2009 racing season, other than the races I'm already registered for. But that stuff notwithstanding, I'm ready to give it my all to get ready to conquer the Umstead 100 on 090404.

Next on my list is a 50K run up in Georgia which I almost won last year. I expect that I should be able to come out victorious this year, and I have a chance to break the course record if I try hard enough. We'll see what the conditions bring. No expectations just yet. I'm ready though. I'm excited. And I'm feeling really happy. That's what matters most, even though I'm looking at some pretty hard financial times. Changes there are in the works too.

No comments: