20081020

The Changes Have Been Made!

MO081020 - 0930

Well, it's been a few weeks, and I'm happy to say that things have really improved. I had to make some changes in my diet, supplement schedule, and general outlook, but things are really much better.

Last weekend, I went up to DC to visit my friend Haley, who I hadn't seen in a long time...more than two years. We had a blast. And I ran the Baltimore Marathon while I was there. It was a tough course, but I ran a 3:10 on almost no training. So it really brought up my confidence level. With that renewed confidence, I was able to get through the final week of Ironman training and now I'm in taper. So now I can relax, do the workouts, I can even do CrossFit this week, and then get to race day on November 1 without going crazy.

I feel so much better. I have to admit though, whether it's psychosomatic or not, going back on the Lipo-6X fat burner and the Vitrix mass-builder really helped me stabilize. The Lipo-6X is supposed to affect the seratonin levels in the brain and act like an anti-depressant and mood-enhancer, so if it does, it's working. I've been more positive and happier ever since day 2 of being back on it. Does that mean I'm physically dependent on it? Well...maybe...but isn't that what I'd be to the prescription anti-depressants? I'd rather take something that helps my bodyfat percentage stay low AND helps me stay happy...without a prescription or doctor to deal with.

Once Ironman is over, I'll have my biggest running season EVER to conquer. THIS, I'm looking foward to. No transitions, no wetsuits, no bike equipment. Just me, my running shoes, and my Marathon Maniacs jersey. Oh...and shorts too...I only run ONE naked 5K per year. :)

It feels good to be back. I hated feeling like the world was dark around me. This is much better.

No comments: