20081210

Things Are...Happening.

WE081210

Last night, while I was taking pictures of all the things that I need to sell on craigslist, I watched "The Happening". It was pretty cool...it made me think. Could nature actually revolt against people? Hmmm...pretty damn scary to think that our planet could actually treat us like a disease some day. It's funny, I was watching the movie and thinking..."wow, Mark Wahlberg looks older than me now". I felt strangely comforted by that thought. Still a good looking man, he's far from the old pop-hop Marky Mark he used to be.

Anyway, that's not why I'm here. I was watching THE HAPPENING. Yeah. That's it. And I was thinking to myself as I considered the name of the movie. There are alot of things HAPPENING in my life right now. So many in fact, that I'm actually feeling a bit apprehensive, even though the things that are happening are (mostly) positive...save for work stuff.

For instance...a friend of mine told me last night that there might be an opportunity for me to have a job as an "official trainer/coach" at a new tri shop that will be opening soon. That would be super awesome. Also, I've gotten more than just a few requests for online and in-person coaching in running, triathlon, and weight training over the past week. I was also offered a partnership in a local gay-owned business to be a coach/facilitator at some boot camp workouts in 2009, as well as a free classified ad on that business's website to promote my training business. Those are all great things, except...they're all just "possibilities" and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about how to go about keeping them in priority order. Getting a job with health insurance is PARAMOUNT. The sooner I can get a job with health coverage, the sooner I can leave this boring, depressing engineering hellhole. Since the layoffs and pay cuts, I have no one in my area...I am, effectively, the only person in my department. We have others "helping"...but no one else, really, with my job title, except myself. To protect my sanity, I want to rush along the job seeking as much as possible so I can change this dismal feeling I have to endure for 9 hours a day.

I want so badly just to send letters to gyms, fitness centers, training studios, ANY BUSINESS that'd hire a personal trainer, but I simply can't until I'm certified. The good thing is, I will be jumping the first hurdle this coming Friday. I will be certified in CPR/AED on Friday afternoon, after my American Red Cross certification class. Once I'm CPR/AED certified, at least I'll really feel like I'm on the road to being a certified fitness trainer. I've read almost the entire ACE Trainer Manual (it's 550 pages) in 3 weeks. I'm on page 461. I have learned more about anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology in the past 3 weeks than I have in 3 years! But it's all so awesome and I'm so excited!!

Also, my move is making me apprehensive. I have so much to do. I am nervous about getting all the big stuff sold on craigslist. I'm sure it will all go, but I want it to be done NOW, so I have less to worry about later. The sooner I can get things sold, the sooner I can get stuff consolidated and ready to either go to Brian's, or go to storage. I'm also getting ready for the yard sale on Saturday and want to make sure I sell all of my unneeded stuff there as well. Hell, I'll give it away if I have to.

SO...this is why I'm so mentally flooded with anxiety right now. It's coming down to the wire and I just want to get everything done so the move goes smoothly. I just want to be less stressed about being able to afford my life.

No comments: