20110621

Hmmmm...Been a While

I'm stuck in a rut.  I need to make a change.  I am really stagnant at work right now, my engineering career is really just on hold until people start hiring again, and I just don't feel appreciated at work by either the upper management, or the customers.
Yesterday, I really felt put down by our first customer of the day.  He really pushed my buttons and I'm angry.
I am SICK AND TIRED of people talking down to me because they think I must be uneducated just because I work in retail.  Do these ignorant asses think I only have this job because I have no other skills?  I was programming computers when most people I know still didn't even know what a computer WAS!  I was writing programs that allowed me to TALK to my computer when I was 10 effin' years old!!  I can do calculus in my head.  I was a member of just about every honor society in High School and I went to college on a full scholarship.  I can take 10,000 pieces of metal and end up with an engine in 4 hours.  I have an extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology.  I am accredited by The American Council on Exercise AND the American Dietetics Association.  How's THAT for educated?

My IQ is higher than probably 75% of people I know.  Does that make me wanna talk down to all my friends because I know the ins and outs of particle physics?  NO.  So why is it that when some guy walks in here and sees me working behind a cash register that he automatically thinks I must be uneducated and talks to me like I have no idea what 2 + 2 is?  Times are tough...people should KNOW nowadays that no job is secure and we will cling to whatever money we have just to be able to try to get by.

Do I make a great salary here?  No way.  But I have learned VERY QUICKLY how to budget my money appropriately for what I need.  I just bought a new car AND a new bike.  Almost 30,000 dollars total between the two of them.  Honestly, I think I'm in a better position to pay for these things now that I make 1/4 of my engineering salary than when I HAD that job.  I was WAY more indiscriminate with my money back then.

So...mister "I have lots of money so I'm gonna buy a 5 thousand dollar bike"....I just bought a 5 thousand dollar bike and I make a laughable salary by most people's standards.

All these stuck up assholes need to shut their pie holes and mind their own business.

No comments: