20110421

The Heat Is ON!!

Boston...done!  I am in the process of writing a race report, but more important things have appeared this week!

I ran a 3:09:05 at Boston this week.  I had been shooting for 3:04:59 due to the new time constraints on registration this coming year for the 2012 Boston Marathon.  For those runners who qualify at a time 20 minutes or more under their required time (for me, that's 3:15:59), registration begins on September 12.  I know I won't be running a 2:55 any time soon.  But...I know I can go 3:05 with focused training and nutrition.  That's 10 minutes below my time.  Runners who beat their qualifying time by 10 minutes or more can register in Tier 2 of registration (Day 3).  The problem is...a flat, fast marathon is hard to come by before that time.  I looked at Toronto Waterfront...but it's October 16th...too late.  Chicago is October 9...again, too late.  So I need a race between now and September that's flat, fast, a Boston Qualifier, and decently weather-friendly. 

TORONTO MARATHON.  May 15.  This looks like my best bet.  The problem is...it's a MONTH away!!  I have to kick some ass for the next 3 weeks and get myself in tip-top shape in almost no time at all!!  So...St. A's just became a C race.  I am back to marathon training starting next Monday.  Holy crash course training Batman!!!  This is gonna be insane.  I need to take 3 minutes and 6 seconds off my marathon in 4 weeks. 

Stay tuned folks, this is gonna be a rough ride!!

No comments: