20110405

Not So Minimal

Well, today I really tried to be minimal about my workouts...but damn, I just kept going.  I did what I was supposed to do (AM 200's and PM "Fran") but I also did some swimming (very short) and I ran a 5K at Four Green Fields tonight.  Probably not the best idea but when I've got only a few more workout days before the big taper for Boston, I've gotta make the most of 'em.  I didn't do my 15 miler today, but I am pretty sure all the extra stuff I did today and then the 5K resulted in just about the same amount of exertion. 

I'm happy to report that I'm down another 2 pounds from last week.  The bodyfat seems to be coming off more quickly now that I've refined my nutrition a bit and I'm doing more intense workouts instead of long boring ones.  We'll see if it keeps dropping.  The good news is, my size 28 pants are almost too big on me now...sheesh!!  I'm gonna have to start buying kids' pants. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It's hard to be minimalist with exercise when we use it for reasons other than fitness (fun, self-medications, socializing, coaching, etc).