20110413

The Closer I Come to PUKING...

...the better I feel!!  Or...maybe not.  OK, I guess I tend to feel a little more accomplished when I come to the edge of throwing up during or after a workout.  But seriously...what's WRONG with me?!?! 

Today's workout was a good burner.
Seven rounds for time of:
3 reps of 75# split snatch
10 pullups

I wanted to try to get as many rounds as possible completed unbroken.  I did manage to do that on rounds 1 and 2.  All of my snatches were unbroken, but the pullups...different story.  Most of them from rounds 3 to 6 were in 2 separate sets...usually 5 and 5 or 6 and 4.  But the last round...holy crap.  My heart rate was so high I thought I was gonna pass out and my pullups were literally 2 at a time.  I was so spent after the snatches in the last round that I thought I might just throw up before I got onto the pullup bar.  Still...I made it through the last round without throwing up.  Pukey did NOT visit me today.

I had to sit down and breathe for about 5 minutes post-workout...and I needed lots of water.  I think I was dehydrated...we ate a lot of salty food yesterday (traveling and trying to eat healthy is almost impossible) so I think I just need to hydrate today and I'll feel better.

We still have 10 x 200 on the 2 minute to do tonight.  Oh boy.

No comments: