20110410

One Week Down...

...ELEVEN to go!!  The first week of this new plan seemed to work pretty well!!  I didn't do a whole hell of a lot of training and yet, I was sore...but I felt stronger as the week went on!!  Sweet!

Week 2 looks like this...
Monday
AM: 120 jumpropes, run 400m, 60 jumpropes, run 800m, 30 jumpropes, run 1200m
PM: 10 rounds of 2 reps front squat on the 1 minute, 80% 1RM, rest 5 min, 100 walking lunges

Tuesday
OFF

Wednesday
AM: 7 rounds of 3 snatches and 10 pullups (sub sumo deadlift high pull for snatch if desired)
PM:  10 x 200m on the 2 minute

Thursday
AM: 5 rounds of 30 thrusters and 30 box jumps
PM:  Brian OFF, Jeff run 9 miles

Friday
AM:  Jeff OFF, Brian 5 x 400 with 2 minute rests
PM:  5-5-3-3-1-1 weighted pullups (2 min rests between attempts)

Saturday
AM:  Jeff OFF, Brian run 3 miles
PM:  OFF

Sunday
AM:  Jeff OFF, Brian 3 x 800m with 2min rests
PM:  OFF

MONDAY!!  BOSTON MARATHON!!!

Race week is finally here!!  I'm feeling a little more confident after this week's workouts.  My legs are feeling good, all the soreness and cramps are gone, and I feel strong and lean!!  Just a few more good taper workouts and I'll be READY for BEANTOWN!!

No comments: