20090109

Jeff Giles, ACE-certified Personal Trainer

20090109 - 1430

I passed!! I'm very happy and very excited to start training client, but mostly SO RELIEVED that it's over. I didn't pass with "flying colors" but I didn't just pass by the skin of my teeth either. In the long run, I know it is because I decided to do this a few months ago, and threw myself headlong into studying for this test in 10 weeks, when ACE recommends taking up to 6 months to read the materials with enough familiarity to pass the test. I guess I learn quickly. I am ecstatic to say that I am an "ACE certified personal trainer" now. I'm "real". There are so many things I am excited to try and to begin.

This weekend, I have to get thru the Disney marathon, but on Monday I'm gonna start an onslaught of advertising and resume-sending. The sooner I can become gainfully employed by either a gym, or a private training studio, the better. I talked with the owner of SoHo Health and Fitness and he's willing to help me along the way. We will be taking another meeting next week to discuss programs and possible boot-camp classes. I'd love to be able to pick up clients that way. Things are looking up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jeff, I'm so proud of you! I can't wait til you are living the dream. :) Good luck this weekend!

Paulette said...

PARTY TIME!!!!!!! Seriously awesome stuff.