20110101

Happy New Body!

Happy 2011 everyone!  Today starts a new chapter in my life.  OK, so it's a repeat of a chapter I completed a few years ago but it seems I need to revisit it. 

This time I'll be doing it a bit differently.  I have some pretty lofty goals for this year so I'll be using this forum to document my progress.  I've had some pretty hefty health issues this past year, but I'm feeling much better and I think I can conquer any problem with getting healthier.

Let me recap the last month so there's a jumping off point.  I was diagnosed with three lesions of H.pylori in my stomach in late November.  I had an endoscopy and some other procedures in order to determine the course of treatment.  It was decided that I should be treated aggressively with a therapy course called Helidac. 17 pills a day for 2 weeks.  Then another treatment course of 4 pills a day for another 2 weeks.  Today is the second to last day of Helidac.  I'll be moving to the second stack of treatments later this week. 

In order to get healthier, I've decided to stop eating gluten.  I will increase my protein intake and decrease (but not eliminate) fats in my diet...concentrating on unsaturated fats for energy.  Timing has a lot to do with it too.  Eating at the right time is paramount!

In addition to the nutrition, Brian and I will be starting P90X today.  I am also gonna follow the CrossFit workout of the day and do a modified version of it as a warmup to whatever workout I'm doing for the day.  I'm gonna post a "before" picture so I can document the physical changes I'll undergo.  It's time I became accountable for my actions.  For the last month I've been eating WHATever I want, WHENever I want.  Comfort was the most important thing when I was sick.  Now it's time to get serious.

Stay tuned.

No comments: