20110102

It's NOT Easy

I miss being sore like I am today.  It's been a long time since I've been able to feel like I actually WORKED.  Most of the soreness is in my triceps and lateral delts but there is a fair amount in my chest and abs as well.  My biggest disappointment is in how I let my strength and upper body muscular endurance wane to the degree that it has.  I miss having the shape in my arms that I used to have.  My traps have flattened out.  I will definitely be getting back into Olympic Weightlifting so I can rebuild them. 

Of course, my main goal is to regain the definition in my midsection that I enjoyed when I was a personal trainer at LA Fitness.

Motivation is what I've been lacking.  I don't enjoy working out alone all the time.  Sometimes is fine, but all the time...it really doesn't help.  I'm positive that joining a new gym (YouFit on Gandy) will help with that too, as new surroundings usually affect motivation in a positive way.  Going back to the same old atmosphere at LA Fitness wouldn't really help me find new motivation.

Today's workout is plyometrics.  I'm really excited to see how this goes.  It looks pretty interesting.  Lots of jumping squats and forward/backward motions.  I'll report on the progress later tonight.  I also have to run later, so we'll see how my legs accept that torture as well.

No comments: