20110105

Sticks 'n Stones May Break My Bones...

...but KENPO X will KICK MY F----N' ASS!!!

So...last night I did the first iteration of Kenpo X in my new fitness training.  Bodybuilding is fun...plyometrics is fun.  But Kenpo...wow.  Mostly kicking and punching in a Tae-Kwon-Do style with a little Judo and Karate thrown in, Kenpo is a powerhouse workout.  I had a great time re-learning some old moves I used to practice when I was a kid learning TKD. 

I miss the feeling I'd get from learning to use my body's power and focus it in a small place.  Good stuff.  I was actually sweating so much I nearly slipped on the puddle I made on the floor.  I love sweating like that.  Today I'm sore all over...but mostly in my upper back, shoulders, and neck.  I had to do a lot of craning to focus my gaze towards my kicks and punches, which sometimes were behind me.  My chiropractor is gonna LOVE me next month.

Today's workout is back to bodybuilding and muscle endurance.  Legs and back.  It's a good thing I like pullups cuz there are a lot in today's workout.  Huge amounts of squats and lunges too.  Hopefully I won't ruin myself for the RAGNAR this weekend!

No comments: