20080222

Have You Gotten Stronger?

FR080222

"Lynne"
5 rounds, max reps of:
Bodyweight bench presses
Pullups

Big Dawgs:
As Rxd

Pack:
Scale the weight on the bench press. Use a weight that you can get at least 6-8 reps with. or do as Rx'd and dial back the rounds to 3.

Puppies:
do 5 rounds of max push ups max pull ups or beginner pull ups

Buttercups:
Do 3 rounds: max push ups max pull ups or beginner pull ups

Subs for Bench press: dumbbells, push ups, elevated push ups
Subs for Pull ups: Jumping Pull ups, Beginner Pull ups, Ring Pull ups, Ring Rows

Compare today's results to 080117.

Q's results:
Today's workout wasn't exactly what I expected. I'm overanalyzing it, but I do know that I need to work on how long I can keep my strength up.

Results were:
R1 - 18, 18 (this was good)
R2 - 9, 15 (bench press went to hell really quick...)
R3 - 8, 14 (and stayed there)
R4 - 8, 14 (Kipping rocks)
R5 - 6, 12 (Glad to be done. Shoulder sore!!)

Even with all of this fuss, I HAVE gotten stronger. Look at the improvements in pullups!! I've learned to kip since then, and I've improved my numbers in this workout. My 080117 results were...
16/11
10/9
10/8
8/8
7/7
Yes, I fell off the bar on the last one.

No comments: