20080207

Relax...Don't Do It...

TH080207

Rest Day!!!

OK, I feel like I've pretty much rested all week, but oh well...today is a real rest day.

Addendum: 080207, 1145
A good question was raised about the weights and stuff from yesterday's workout, and similar workouts that we've done lately.

Let me start out by saying that I myself am guilty of this, because I didn't know this rule until after I did the workout (it was during the snatches workout, I lowered the weight for the last set). And that's why I'm passing this rule on to you!

The rule is that you can't lower the weight if you go too heavy on the Olympic lifting workouts. The workouts I'm talking about are the ones that are like:
Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps
Push jerk 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps

Like I said, I myself am guilty of lowering the weight on this for the last set to get a successful rep. But the workout is more to test your limits and see what you can do, not to be successful each time. Maybe instead of the word "reps", it should be more like:
Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 attempts

Anyway, just wanted to pass that info on. You don't HAVE to complete the reps on each one...of course come as close as possible though.

No comments: