20080221

Quads: TAXED!!

TH080221

This one should be fun for us tri geeks. You know I definitely associate workouts like these with my big improvements in running over the past six months. These leg-heavy speed workouts really help you gain leg strength AS WELL AS the ability to keep up a high intensity, high power level for a longer time. Enjoy this one, I did...even though I had to row the 400m because I can't run fast yet, due to my calf problem.

Big Dawgs:
Four rounds for time:
Run 400m
50 squats

Pack:
Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
35 Squats

Puppies:
Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 Squats

Buttercups:
Four rounds for time of:
Run 200 meters
15 Squats

Q's results:
First, I did the CF Kids WOD which was 3 rounds of 50 jumpropes, 15 hang power snatches, and 15 pushups. Time was 5:24 in that.

Then, the regular CF WOD. I had to sub rowing for the running as I can't sprint yet.
Time was 12:13. This will make a good running speedwork interval session for later in the year when I'm training for IMCdA.

1 comment:

jjcraig said...

On the treadmill as prescribed:
11:53