20080206

Strong Shoulders!

WE080206

Push Jerk 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps

No scaling, just adjust the weight. If you aren't familiar with the lift, here's a vid...
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/cfj-nov-05/push-jerk.wmv

I will be doing a light workout today, CF Kids WOD.

Q's results:
Warmed up with 30 reps of 55lb overhead presses. Defintely not the intensity of the Push Jerk, but at least I got a bit of the overhead movement associated with today's WOD.

For my main CF workout, I did the CrossFit Kids workout for today.
3 rounds of:
30 box jumps
Max pushups in 1 min
Max situps in 1 min
Max squats in 1 min

My results:
R1: 30 jumps, 32 pushups, 36 situps, 47 squats
R2: 30, 40, 40, 50
R3: 30, 45, 46, 62

Totals:
90 Box jumps
117 pushups
122 situps
159 squats
488 total reps


Then a cooldown of 20 reps of 45lb overhead presses.

I can't wait til next week when I can get back to doing the WOD!!! I feel like a slug!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CrossFit Warmup 8'59
Push Jerk 7 sets/3reps
80/100/110/140/150/150/150

Increased weight 20lbs from prior!

jjcraig said...

Push Jerks 8-sets/3 reps (1 extra as I didn't get 3 on the last set)
85/85/95/100/105/115/125(2)/115

mskimmi said...

I took today off crossfit. My shoulders are burning from yesterday and I have back to back swim workouts scheduled so I wanted to be at my best for them. I still did the non-arm warmups. I am going to do the warmup tomorrow as well. I'll be back on Friday!

Anonymous said...

ok so let me get this straight i know im a day late but i need to ask this. you will do 7 sets of 3 reps. thats what the 3/3/3/3/3/3/3 means. and do you have to increase your weight. and how would i know my max do i have to go and test it to see.

They call me "Q" said...

Yes, 7 sets of 3 reps. Start at what you THINK you can do and build up from there. When it starts to feel heavy, but you think you can go heavier, remember, if you're on set 5...sets 6 and 7 will be harder even with that weight.

There is one very important rule with this type of workout...
If you go too heavy, you can't go back to a lighter weight to finish up. These workouts are supposed to teach you control and get you to know your limits. So if you go too heavy, just go as hard as you can and finish up with that weight, even if you only do partial reps. Some people still go lighter, but then you're not really working the exercise like it's meant to be. No worries Jim (jjcraig) you'll get 'em next time, plus it's my bad, as I have never mentioned this rule before. I forget that CF doesn't always stipulate the rules in every workout.