20080304

Get DIRRRRRTY!!

TU080304

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
50 Walking lunge steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders
Post time to comments.

For comparison, the last time we did this was January 15th.

For porch, puppies, buttercups, scale the reps down to your ability level. Scale the box jump heights. The knees-to-elbows go to situps, and and you'll also scale the weights on the wall ball shots. Finally, make the doubleunders plain jump ropes instead.

Q's Results:
Today's WOD was supposed to be the Filthy Fifty. I didn't have time to do this, as it usually takes about 25 minutes to complete. I used my own combo instead. I'll call it..."I Hate My 30's". It begins and ends with 50 reps, but the main workout is 3x10 rep groups. 30 reps total of the main exercises.

Start with 50 squats.
Then with no rest, peform 3 rounds of:
10 pushups
10 pullups
10 dips
10 knees-to-elbows
10 hang squat cleans (35lb DB's)
10 hang power snatches (55lb BB)
Then after three rounds, with no rest, perform:
50 situps.

Whole thing took me 15:41 to complete. I was smoked, drenched, and damn near ready to puke. But it felt great! I was still sweating after my shower, so it definitely turned the heat up!!

I might even suggest my mentees try this one INSTEAD of the Filthy Fifty if you've done the Fifty before. This was fun!! Just make sure you set up your DB's and BB before you start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Official Crossfit Warmup 8'58
WOD: Filthy Fifty 29'23" Woot!

Shoulders are burning me, but it's a good burn.

jjcraig said...

Wayne, Kimmi and Jeff--I'm still a day behind..I did LINDA tonight. OH MY!!!! That one really hurt, I did everything as prescribed except the Cleans..I have this thing about putting two quarters on the bar..so I did 85#'s instead of the prescribed 95#'s. Deadlifted 185#'s, Benched 125#'s and Cleaned 85#'s
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 For time:

28:40