20080305

The House of Marcus Lycus

WE080305

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats
OR
"Mary"

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Handstand Push-ups
10 One legged squats, alternating
15 Pull-ups
Post your choice of girls and rounds completed to comments.


Scaling:
Cindy:
Perform the Rx'd reps but scale time down to 10 minutes or scale reps to 3/6/9 and perform for the Rx'd time.

Mary:
This is a big dawg workout. No scaling.

(Explanation of today's title: If you've ever seen "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum", you know that the owner of the local brothel was named Marcus Lycus...he had a "choice of girls" on hand at all times. Part of the song he sings upon his introduction is..."Patronize the house of Marcus Lycus, merchant of love.")

Q's results-
Well kids I'm feeling a bit overtrained this week. These last three days have been killer and I only did one of them as RX'd. Of course I've been tri training as well, so I don't want to hurt myself. I did a "Mini Cindy" today...cut it down to 10 minutes. I did 13 rounds in those 10 minutes, but I really doubt I could have gone another 10. Overtraining = BAAAAD!!!

2 comments:

jjcraig said...

Hey everyone, did the Filthy Fifty tonight as Prescribed except did 10# Wallball Throws (gym only has wallballs up to 10#'s).
Time: 32'30"

jjcraig said...

BTW will do Cindy tomorrow.--Jim