20080318

It's A Fight! It's A Fight!!

WE080319

"Fight Gone Bad!"
Three rounds of:

Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.
Add your points and post them to comments.


1 point per rep on weight stuff, 1 point per calorie on rowing.
Round 1 - 101
Round 2 - 106
Round 3 - 112
Total points for this WOD - 319

This was a tough one, made me drenched with sweat. But it was fun. I definitely like this one alot!!

4 comments:

Steve G. said...

Hey there Q, it's SGillen from BT. I know I said just a couple questions but if you'll permit I have a couple more...

I am not aware of any local cross-fit gyms. Do u go to a gym or do this at home? I would likely do it at home but there are some logistical issues such as residential ceiling heights, no rings etc. Are there alternate exercises somewhere for this purpose?

And in the case of an exercise like the one I saw earlier today where you do 100 Pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100 something else (Can't remember) are they done one exercise until you reach 100 or go to exhaustion then the next exercise and so on until you rotate back to the start and do the circut again till you get 100 each??

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this.

They call me "Q" said...

Hey Steve...
I'm always happy to answer questions, that's why I put this blog up! So...with that in mind...ask away!

Answers...
I do go to a gym...it's not a CrossFit gym though. Fortunately, there is a boxing gym at my gym so there happens to be a lot of CrossFit type equipment. But there are MANY alternate exercises when you can't do some of the stuff. We don't have rings, so I can't do muscleups or ring dips. You just subsititute other exercises...for instance, 1 muscleup equals 5 pullups and 5 bar dips. Or 4/4, or 2/2 depending on ability levels. www.brandxmartialarts.com has the breakdowns of the alternates for pretty much every day's workout.

In a case like Angie (100 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats), you do all 100 reps of one exercise before moving to the next. There IS a modified version of Angie that some people do...2 of each thing in 50 rounds without stopping. I'm not sure which is harder!

Any more questions, feel free to ask 'em here or PM me on BT...I'm always happy to help!

Anonymous said...

Official Warmup 8'37
"Fight Gone Bad"
40lb thrusters 1min/SDLHP 1min/box jumps 1min/75lb push press/seated row 1min (mod) 3rds; count reps
113,105, 93
Shoulders were shot on round 3, in addition I was quite winded from the combo of DL and box jumps...good/bad hurt!

jjcraig said...

Total Score for 'fight gone bad' of 294. Lost alot of time getting in and out of the rowing machine. Done as prescribed except wallball throws were with 10# ball. Rnd 1 =94, Rnd 2 =98, Rnd 3=100