20080104

Good Moves!!

FR080104

Full workout:
Power cleans 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Scaled:
Use dumbbells and do 5 sets of 3 reps of dumbbell squat cleans. CrossFit.com has a video on how to do it...or you can see them done in the post-cert chipper video...it's in the list of WOD's on the videos page.

Beginner:
Do 5 sets of 3 squats and 5 sets of 3 barbell front raises.

To answer questions from yesterday. I do a shortened warmup. When I get back from vacation I'll start doing the regular CrossFit warmup but since I'm away I'm trying to get the shortest workout I can with the most benefit.

As far as the scaled workout, if you'd like to check out the BrandX workout that's cool...but again, since I'm away and don't have much time online, I'm just scaling it to how I'd do it. It probably won't match what their Rx is. Once I'm back, things will get a bit more detailed. Trying to do the best I can while I'm away. I only have 60 minutes total on this internet block on the ship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As RX'd @ All 5 sets/3reps using 140lbs; need some work on form, so that the weight can begin increasing. Got stuck and had to bail on the first rep of my second set, put didn't allow for that to ruin my workout, I got my mind right and pumped through the last reps/sets. I think it was partly due to being real angry that I had to bail so early!

mskimmi said...

Thanks for the workout info. I've been doing the bulk of it, sans pullups/dips. Maybe I'll start by just doing 5 of each for each warmup rotation and work my way up. That's a real weak area for me, so I need work!