20080111

Nastier Than Q Can Handle

FR080111

Big Dawgs:
"Diane"
21-15-9 reps
225lb deadlifts
Handstand pushups

Scaled:
Brand X has a good discussion on the scaling of this one. Unfortunately I won't have anyone to help me with these so I'm gonna have to do the last resort of shoulder presses today. I can do maybe 4 HSPU's but it takes me a while to get the form right. I'm pressed for time in the mornings. I will have to practice these at home.

Post your time to comments.

I will put a simplefit option in here today. Just make sure you choose one that uses your shoulders as well as your legs and back.

Q's results for today:
Well, I guess I'm mildly satisfied with the results, but I really scaled it back. First, instead of 225lb deadlifts, I did 185's. I didn't want to throw out my back since I'm running a marathon in two days. Second, instead of handstand pushups, I did standing shoulder presses with 35-pound dumbbells.

So, my workout was:
21-15-9 reps of
185lb deadlifts
70lb standing shoulder presses
Total time - 5:49

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok first off, "Diane" is a tough mother!

Results: Deadlift @ 185lbs/Modified Handstand pushup (feet anchored on smith machine) @ 7'18"