20080117

Nasty Girls Are Back!

TH080117

This one ain't so nasty though. Easily scalable and fun.

Big Dawgs:
"Lynne"
5 rounds, max reps of:
Bodyweight bench presses
Pullups

Pack:
Scale the weight on the bench press.
Use a weight that you can get at least 6-8 reps with.
or
do as Rx'd and dial back the rounds to 3.

Puppies:
do 5 rounds of max push ups max pull ups or jumping pull ups

Buttercups:
Do 3 rounds: max push ups max pull ups or jumping pull ups

Subs for Bench press: dumbbells, push ups, elevated push ups
Subs for Pull ups: Jumping Pull ups, Beginner Pull ups, Ring Pull ups, Ring Rows

Q's results for this one...
16/11
10/9
10/8
8/8
7/7
Yes, I fell off the bar on the last one.

Something I should note. I do NOT kip any of my pullups. The CrossFit standard pullup is a kipping overhand widegrip pullup. But I do all of mine strict. So that's why you'll see lower numbers for my pullups than you might see elsewhere. I believe I can build more strength if I don't kip my pullups.

PM:
Made up my 5K from yesterday's CrossFit WOD. Did pretty well considering the slippery roads (it's drizzling here) and the fact that I didn't go at 100%. I ran hard, but I didn't get next to throwing up like I do in races.

Splits:

Mile 1 - 6:33, 6:33oa
Mile 2 - 6:34, 13:07oa
Mile 3 - 6:56, 20:03oa
Finish - 20:38.89

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great run Q! I also made up the 5K tonight (25'55") and did "Lynne" tonight as well, details posted on BT.